Discover authentic Mi’kmaq culture along our picturesque 2.4 KM trail on Goat Island in Eskasoni. The island hugs the beautiful Bras d’Or Lake, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
You will be guided along the trail by one of our Mi’kmaq cultural interpreters who will take you to visit several villages, each one offering a unique experience to learn and partake in this way of life.
- You can
- Take part in a smudging ceremony
- Learn to make four cents cake over an open fire
- Learn the art of basketry
- Learn and join in our traditional dance
- Speak to our trading post merchant
- Play the ancient game of Waltes and
- Learn about hunting and fishing techniques.
Top this all off with a traditional snack of luskinigan and tea!
$40.00 per person for adults
$20.00 per youth under 10
$250.00 group fee (up to 20 participants)
Off site presentations $400.00 plus travel
Customized packages and events upon request!